The firm’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee, co-chaired by Mary Ellen Conroy, focuses its efforts on bringing diversity, equity and inclusion to all facets of the firm – both internally, with our attorneys and staff and externally, with our relationships with clients. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion that values attorneys with diverse experiences and perspectives and allows us to better serve our clients. Each of our 15 offices in 8 states and the District of Columbia have representative partners on the Committee, as well as dedicated staff responsible for carrying out the initiatives of the Committee. With the full support of C&W’s leadership, our efforts to bring diversity, equity and inclusion is a commitment we take seriously.
Our mission is to attract, retain, support and promote outstanding lawyers and staff who reflect the global marketplace and communities that we serve. We work to accomplish our mission by:
- Providing comprehensive orientation, integration and skill-building programs for all our new attorneys and staff;
- Building effective mentoring programs with special focus on diverse and female associates;
- Monitoring work allocation to support skill development and access to challenging work;
- Undertaking consistent education on issues such as implicit bias, inter-generational work teams and cross-cultural communication; and,
- Supporting strategic business development initiatives for diverse partners, and working with clients and potential clients to ensure the development of diverse and inclusive client-service teams